My portraits are typically in acrylic paint on Gessobord (or similar) cradled panels. They are lightweight, easy to hang and need no frame. I use the highest quality paint, brushes and painting surfaces, and this quality is reflected in your artwork. I will paint your hen or rooster (or any photo you and I decide on – doesn’t have to be your chicken) realistically or in wild colors. It’s your choice! However I paint, know that your portrait will be bright, bold, contemporary, and a major conversation piece.
The better the photo that you send to me of your bird, the better the painting. Here are some good rules of talon (haha) for best photo submissions:
- The best photos are taken in bright sunlight, outdoors, like the stock photo samples you see here in this listing.
- Please, no clothes or diapers on your feathery buddy.
- Please, no photos of it being held in a way that hides its shape or face.
- No photo filters, please. They make my job harder. This includes photos taken in “portrait mode”, which blurs the background.
- Please do not edit or resize photos before sending them to me.
- Pretty please do not send photos of your chicken taken from far away, of it running or flying or looking away from the camera.
- I just need bright, clear, focused images. Again, please see this listing’s photo samples.
- I can also paint from professional, stock chicken photos (see samples in the photos on this page)
It can take me many moons (or not – depending on the length of my wait list – please ask) to complete your portrait, because my art is in demand and there are often times lots of other private commissions on my roster. If you want to give a portrait as a gift immediately, ask me about purchasing a chicken portrait gift certificate. People LOVE receiving RobiniArt gift certificates because they, the recipients, get to collaborate with me on the commission process themselves and have a more personalized involvement in the final portrait outcome. All you have to do is pay for it, and they do the rest!
I can possibly expedite your commission for an extra charge if it’s an emergency art situation.
Please read my customer testimonials to learn more about working with me, my processes and my work ethic. I typically post photos of the work in progress on my Facebook and Instagram pages unless the portrait is a surprise gift, so visit those accounts for behind-the-scenes photos. Call anytime to discuss a project at 512.963.4892. You can reach me via email at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: There are absolutely NO RETURNS on custom orders or gift certificates, whether I’ve physically started your painting or not. I spend a lot of time with clients in the pre-painting phase with emails, phone calls, photo discussions, composition design, color conversations, graphic design for ideas, etc. That time is valuable to me, and I need to be paid for it.
Please note that there are no refunds, exchanges or returns on custom portraits whether Robin Arthur (RobiniArt) has physically started painting your portrait or not. Robin Arthur reserves the right to reuse images of her original artwork and to create derivative works of art therefrom. By commissioning artwork from RobiniArt, customer expressly grants Robin Arthur d/b/a RobiniArt, a worldwide, non-exclusive license to use, publish, reproduce, and sell, any works based on images provided by customer, and agrees that consideration for such license has been received by customer in the form of a discount applied to the price paid by customer for their commissioned artwork.