This is actually easy to do and you could use any URL shortener such as bit.ly, is.gd, etc. but there is now a URL tool to make a nifty “custom” url for your Google+ profile, Gplus.to. Gplus.to uses your username or Google id number. Didn’t know you had an id number at Google? Well you do. 😉
Creating a custom URL for Google+ using Gplus.to
- Login to Google+ to find your ID number.
- Your ID number is the long string of numbers For example my public profile is http://plus.google.com/109563226758360576597; the ID number is that bit at the end.
- Copy your ID number.
- Go to http://gplus.to/
- Choose a nickname (this will be the base of custom URL)
- Enter your Google+ ID
- Click add
- Voila – gplus.to/georgiawebgurl
Creating a custom URL for Google+ using a different service
If you are using a different url shortener such as bit.ly, is.gd, tinyurl, etc. you will need to get your actual Google+ ID for you.
- The public profile link for you is http://plus.google.com/[yournumber]/about but you can create shortcuts to any part of your Google+.
- Go to the URL shortening service you want to use. Copy and paste your URL in.
- Voila, you have a new URL – http://bit.ly/georgiawebgurlprofile