The advantage of a QRcode is that you can make it do something to phone or mobile device or heck, even a desktop PC – you can send content and information directly to someone without them having to copy and paste, or click or additional steps, or even login (because they will already be logged in via their mobile). So, I can think of few reasons- most notably as a means to download an app to your phone but I can think of a few other uses, too, so here goes:
Uses for a QRcode on a website
- To load an app
- Take this blog (or news or RSS or whatever) with you
- Maps & directions
- Contact info and save to address book
- Events – download event, set event reminder & save to calendar
- Coupons or special offers
- Photo slideshow or video
- Wallpapers/virtual postcards
I’m sure there are even COOLER things that can be done – those are just a few I can think of off of the top of my head.
Here is an excellent list of QRcode generators and for even more QR fun check out stickerscan.