Event Type: Webinar
Start Time: 2:00 PM
End Time: 4:00 PM
WebJunction is hosting a two-hour symposium that will feature four presentations on current trends and practical approaches to library digitization and preservation projects. Our guest panelists will address:
- Designing a digital preservation system using a framework that includes all stakeholders, from library administrators to archivists to IT workers to vendors.
- The difference between access and preservation tools, and why we need to consider both.
- Harvesting social networking websites for preservation.
- The organizational “long-view” of preservation resources, technology, costs and policies.
- Sarai Lastra, Vice Chancellor of Information Resources/Director of Virtual Library at Universidad del Turabo, Puerto Rico. Update: Due to an emergency, Sarai unfortunately will not be able to present at Wednesday’s symposium.
- Sarah McHugh, Statewide Projects Librarian, Montana State Library, including Montana Memory Project.
- Amy Rudersdorf, Director of the Digital Information Management Program, State Library of North Carolina and lecturer at San Jose State University, School of Library & Information Science.
- Taylor Surface, Senior Product Manager, Digital Collection Services, OCLC.
*This event is free.Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org