So, I had the dreaded stuck “hand” tool in MXFireworks 2004 (yeah, I know, way behind, I work for the govt….) where I absolutely could do nothing except move around using the hand tool.
After much googling, here are the responses I came up with (and I now share in hopes of helping somebody else) :
The first three are duhs, which didn’t work for me 😉
Turn off conflicting software/clear memory
- Restart the software (Fireworks, Photoshop, etc.).
- Restart your computer
- Turn off any Macro products you might be running
Reset your preferences — Ah -ha!
- Edit>Preferences>Reset all warning dialogs (Photoshop)
- Edit>Preferences (Fireworks; save — I didn’t reset my preferences, just re-saved the existing ones and it worked)
- Commands>Reset Warning Dialogs (Fireworks)