1. Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays?
Yes, although I mostly have to watch it on tv. Snow is a real rarity where I live. Growing up, my family would travel to my grandmother’s in Tennessee where we would occasionally have snow at Christmas. One Christmas really sticks out in my mind because it snowed on Christmas day and I was too sick to go outside. I watched the snowfall and later that day, my family building a snowman… all from the window of my grandmother’s bedroom.
2. What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect? Something completely different from the traditional Christmas I had as a kid. I always enjoyed going to my grandmother’s in Tennessee at Christmas, but I don’t want to compete with those memories.
3. Do you do have any holiday traditions? Not really.
4. Do you do anything to help the needy? Yes. I’m on a committee at work that does volunteer work and we “adopt” a few kids every year through the Salvation Army’s Christmas Angel program. Also, I try to do a end of the year cleaning and donate old clothes to charity….and I participate in several charity art auctions at this time of the year.
5. What one gift would you like for yourself? Hmm. Good health, peace…
more realistically, a new digital camera or if I really got what I wanted a subaru outback wagon.